Unit 5, Western Business Park
Oak Close, Dublin 12

T: +353 1 465 8600
F: +353 1 465 8601
E: info@dml.ie

 
 
 Brand Listing
 Equipment Hire
  Lighting - Flash
 Stock Clearance
  Teathering & Wi-Fi...
  Ex-Demo & Pre- Own...
  Register/Login

 
 
Home | About Us | Pre-Owned | Studio & Equipment Hire | Contact Us/Find us | Register/Login


HERE ARE SOME OF THE PAST EVENTS WE HAVE FACILITATED



HERE ARE SOME OF THE PAST EVENTS WE HAVE FACILITATED








A Selection of Images from the 12th March Workshop

BOOK NOW TO AVOID DISSAPOINTMENT!


A Mini master class that will bring your portrait photography to the next level. Give your new 2012 portfolio the extra edge, perhaps you are planning a photographic qualification submission .

Tony Tang AIPPA ASWPP.International awarded Photographer.Just back from Africa ,would like to share his experience with you.
Studio lighting setup for low key. And how to have seperation of subject from background.
Rembrant lighting -Butterfly lighting -Beauty lighting
Using beauty dish for glamour shots

Serets of how to use a Flash meter correctly.

Tips on correct way to use your camera speedlight for fill in flash, in different conditions. You cannot blame the Flash gun after this!

Off camera Flash explained.

Good posing techniques for camera.

using shutter speed selection In flash photography to achive natural look.

You will be able to photograph a stunning professional model Piyanuch Chanphet.

http://www.facebook.com/piyanuch.chanphet

Bring your Digital slr and portrait lens

Cost of Masterclass only 95.00 including Coffee.Venue,Great new studio at DML Dublin.

Booking in advance 50.00 euros, balance 45.00 on Day. Cheque made to Tony Tang
Address , Silverlands, Ballycrane Ardcavan Wexford

Tell 053 9141294 0863893384

email tonytang@eircom.net




Get your hands on a Hasselblad!



Why Hasselblad? Why even medium format? A top specification 35mm DSLR seems to capture perfectly good images, so why should anyone ever consider medium format, especially when the cost of medium format is deemed to be substantially higher than that of 35mm DSLR’s?


The answers to all these questions are subjective, differing for each individual photographer, depending on the type of photography the photographer generally shoots, whether they demand a certain level of quality in their work, and whether their business model justifies it.


Put simply, 35mm DSLR’s and medium format cameras might appear to be the same, in that they both enable photographers to capture images – just like how petrol and diesel engines both propel cars, and how a sportscar and a 4×4 truck will both get you from A to B – but under the skin, they are very much different beasts, with slightly different ways of working and providing different pros and cons in different photographic situations.


The main difference is in the sensor technology. Generally, 35mm DSLR’s use CMOS (Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor) sensors, whilst medium format cameras use CCD (Charge-Couple Device) technology. The qualities of the two different types of sensor are generally quite balanced – CMOS is fast and flexible in low light, but not as good in quality, and CCD is slow and not so good in low light, but boasts a very high level of quality in optimum conditions.


Therefore, a sports or paparazzi photographer wouldn’t necessarily use a camera with a CCD sensor – it would be too slow in capturing rapid-fire images, they sometimes have to work within low light level environments, and the image quality and resolution would be excessive for the typical image usage associated with these types of photography.


However, for a photographer who is mainly studio based, has the flexibility to manipulate set-ups to provide creative and optimum lighting, where speed of shooting isn’t an issue, or the resulting image needs to be printed large, a CCD sensor will provide the ultimate in image quality.


The reasons for these characteristics, without wanting to get too technical and in-depth, is about the amount of data involved. Not only do CCD sensors generally have more pixels, which equals more data, but each individual CCD pixel also captures more data, and more data results in a slower processing time.


Typically, CMOS pixels will capture 25% of the light that hits it, leaving 75% for the camera or software to interpolate or ‘guess’. On the other hand, CCD pixels capture 75%, leaving only 25% as guess work.


This is what allows CCD sensors to have a massive 12-stops of dynamic range, and why images captured with CMOS sensors cannot be pushed much in RAW editing software without producing noise or patchy areas of detail. The RAW data just isn’t there within the file, so the software is having to guess what the detail should be, whereas CCD sensors do contain a higher level of detail, and it is therefore truer RAW data held within the file.


For the same pixel quality reasons, CCD cameras are generally better at reproducing colours too, with Hasselblad’s H-Series cameras renowned for their fine skin tones.


Whatsmore, with Hasselblad’s medium format cameras boasting leaf shutters, the flash sync speed is only limited by the 1/800th second shutter speed, and not the typical 1/250th second limit caused by using focal plane shutters, as in most DSLR’s. This helps photographers kill ambient light in flash lit images, helping to create moody skies or help draw attention to the main subject.


It is as if all photographers should ideally have at least one 35mm DSLR and one medium format camera in their camera bag – providing flexibility in the tools needed to shoot a variety of photographic genres. Just like how a builder would have a screwdriver and a hammer – they would use the right tool for the job, in order to achieve the best results.


But this all comes at a price, right? Well, yes and no.


The Hasselblad H4D, the latest generation of Hasselblad’s H-Series digital cameras, comes in 31 MPixel, 40 MPixel, 50 MPixel and 60 MPixel variants, and the entry level H4D-31 kit with an 80mm lens retails at around  €10’000 – just a fraction more than a top of the range 35mm DSLR with a top of the range lens.


This is still quite a chunk of money in most people’s book, but it is far from the costs most photographers associate with Hasselblad medium format digital cameras, and for professional photographers who rely on quality tools to do their job to the highest standard, it is more than just a good investment.


Article supplied by Hasselblad UK Ltd


All these facts and figures are all well and good though, but the ‘proof is always in the pudding!’ This is why DML will be holding FREE Studio events, which will be designed to allow photographers the opportunity to pop along and play with their latest medium format cameras, in a relaxed, informal and non-sales pressure environment.


If anyone ever wondered how image quality could possibly be better than that of their top of the range 35mm DSLR, then going along to one of our future studio events, taking your own images with the Hasselblad H4D camera and seeing the results will soon make them wonder no more!


We are planning upcoming events in the near future and will keep you informed of the next event taking place in DML through our website and Facebook page, so look out for them!, If you want to be added to our mailing list then drop us an e-mail, give us a ring or call into our new look Showroom in Dublin 12, we look forward to seeing you!




EVENTS:


Introduction to Portrait Lighting
DML Showroom
 
Facilitated by Kevin Cummins,
 
We at DML are starting our seminar season again. For those of you who have purchased lighting kits over the past 3 months and those of you may be thinking of purchasing lighting kits we are running our most popular seminar “Introduction to portrait photography. This session has always been a great success and very popular with our clients. 
 
 This seminar is facilitated by Kevin Cummins, Kevin is an Irish photographer who brings his experience and expertise to this, the first of a series of lighting sessions to be held in the DML Showrooms. In this session “Introduction to Portrait Lighting” Kevin will go through the basics of lighting for Hi-Key, and the different effects of the lighting accessories available from Bowens.
 
 DML thank Kevin for his willingness to share his knowledge and look forward to seeing all of you who are interested in attending these sessions.
 
 
 
 
 Morning Session 10:00 - 12:30
 
Afternoon Session 13:30 - 16:00
 
 
Tea, Coffee, Biscuits, and great conversation
 
Book early as places are limited

 

 

 

 


The page you requested either is no longer available or access to it has been restricted.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Terms and Conditions
© DML 2007